Responsible for delivering growth to the Procept business through the planning and execution of sales activities.
The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility is to build and convert a valuable pipeline of opportunities for Procept. They will use their consultative skills and relationship building abilities to convert opportunities which are a fit with Procept’s capabilities, values, and business goals. They will have outstanding interpersonal skills and a consultative approach to working with customers. They will use these skills to build rapport and confidence with customers that Procept not only understands their business but can technically deliver the right product to help their business grow. Strong Account Management skills are also required to ensure valuable customers are retained as they move through the life cycle of product development, manufacturing, support and beyond.
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Managing Director, Sales Engineer and Marketing Manager to:
- Build valuable relationships with new customers
- Develop a thorough understanding of technical estimations and inputs for proposals
- Write compelling proposals that place Procept in a winning position
- Work closely with existing, valuable partners and customers
- Attend relevant events to keep Procept front of mind with our target customers
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager on the performance of inbound leads
- Be accountable for and report on Sales targets
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Build a Sales plan. Take ownership of a Sales target and develop a set of activities to meet it.
- Lead Generation. Build a pipeline of Product Development opportunities that are a fit with Procept’s goals.
- Meet targets. Hit quarterly, half-year and yearly Sales targets as defined by the Managing Director.
- Work closely with the Procept Sales Engineer to secure and understand technical inputs required for proposals and presentation to prospective and existing customers.
- Relationship Management. Maintain and develop strategic relationships in the technology community to generate valuable leads.
- Partner Relationships. Work closely with Procept partners and suppliers to develop new opportunities for business.
- Existing Customers. Manage relationships with existing customers to secure ongoing work through the lifecycle of product development.
- Develop and own reporting of sales numbers to Managing Director.
- Ethics and Conduct. Execute the responsibilities of the role in line with Procept values and maintain Procept’s reputation in the market.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A determined self-starter, able to work autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Knowledge of Sales planning activity and how to build an effective pipeline.
- Knowledge of the process of designing and developing an electronics device, the potential pitfalls and areas of risk.
- Ability to articulate Procept services in a compelling way that is appropriate to the decision-making audience.
- Ability to understand the competitor landscape for Procept and how to differentiate our offering to maximum effect.
- An inquisitive nature, coupled with a desire to learn as much as possible about a customer, their business and the opportunity
- Excellent negotiation skills to close deals in a timely fashion, at commercial terms that are acceptable and in line with Procept margin targets.
- Ability to write compelling proposals that respond to customer needs and convince them that Procept is the preferred choice to develop their product.
- Ability to be resilient in the face of rejection coupled with demonstrated experience in objection handling.
- Excellent presentation skills.
The role will require travel, with the employee expected to work outside of standard business hours occasionally. All travel and expenses will be covered by the company according to corporate travel policies.
Contribute your knowledge and experience to the team, help other team members in understanding customer opportunities, discuss projects with other team members, and ask for advice. Two heads are better than one!
Be flexible in your approach to delivering sales activity. Support other team members and projects where necessary.
Eager to learn and grow as an individual
Be willing to develop your skillset by learning new techniques, technologies or asking to be involved in other areas of the business.
Support the business by helping improve internal processes that support sales, identifying new methods and tools.
Always think customer and support customers by providing our services in a professional manner. Think about how our proposals may impact the customers’ business in terms of risk and reward for them.
Qualifications and Experience
- Procept is an equal opportunity employer and will accept any application that can meet the requirements of the role above and is deemed to have a good cultural fit within the business.
- Degree qualified with relevant experience in the sale of technical professional services.
To apply please send your latest resume/CV to email@example.com
No recruiters need apply, thank-you.